Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Myths

One popular myth of my life is involving the Greek island of Delos, also known as Delphi. I was born  on this island to my mother, the Titan Leto. My father, Zues, his wife banished my mother from giving birth to me and my sister once she found out about his affair. The other gods tricked my mother though so that my mom was able to have us. Once I was born and alive; I grew to adulthood in four days. I decided  wanted to leave the island, to escape I changed myself into a dolphin. In doing so I created a storm upon the sea causing a boat to be in peril. I hoped on the deck of the boat and led them safely to shore. Once I reached the island, I set off for an oracle of Gaia, the goddess of earth. I met Pytho, a monstrous serpent, that guarded and spoke the oracle's prophecies. Pytho and I fought until death- his death. Upon my slaying him, I took the oracle for myself. The name of this site was forever known as Delphi, for I had become a dolphin to get there. Delphi became the most famous oracle in the ancient world. Pythia delivered the oracles to honor Pytho. The priests that spread my word claimed to be descendants from the sailors from the ship that I had led to safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment